Java

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Mon Feb 12 13:46:37 MST 2007

> On 2/12/07, Hill, Greg <grhill at corp.untd.com> wrote:
> > I couldn't agree more.  Every time I look at Java code, I question
my
> > desire to be a programmer.  Programming should be fun.  Luckily I've
> > avoided it thus far in my career and I hope to continue to do so.
>
> Maybe I'm the odd one.  To me, Java just looks like a cleaned up
> version of C++, not unlike C#.  Also, I find Java to be a very fun
> language to program in...  Unless you use vi or emacs.

Nah, a lot of people love and swear by Java.  I wouldn't choose to use
C++ either.  Never tried C#.  I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes
Perl, and if I were to switch to something else it would probably be
Ruby.  Maybe if I ever got into doing client apps instead of web apps my
views would change radically.

Greg