Java

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:33:47 MST 2007

On 2/12/07, Sasha Pachev <sasha at asksasha.com> wrote:
> > However, I stand by my
> > point that there isn't any real monetary incentive to learn anything
> > other than a very popular language (such as Java) right now.
>
> I am in business for myself. Most of my income in the last year has
> come from working with C/C++ and PHP as far as programming languages
> are concerned. I had worked with Java earlier , and it was paying the
> bills for a while, although it created a strong temptation for me to
> use profane language. I strongly dislike continually being forced to
> use a semi to move a roomful of furniture. I eventually convinced the
> client to migrate to PHP.

C/C++ rank up as the second most popular language in the world, and
PHP is probably 4th or 5th.  It seems like you've found a good
compromise.  You choose not to use Java because you don't like it, but
you are using "popular" languages (though not as popular as Java).  I
think you're proving my point.

-Bryan