[OT] - Are computers in education better now than 20 years ago?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:28:13 MST 2007

On 2/12/07, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like there's too much in the way these days.  You can't just
> fire up your BASIC editor (or whatever it was - I had hypercard and
> logowriter) and hack together a neat little program like you used to
> be able to.  And even if you did, so what?  Who are you going to show
> it to?  Half the fun for me was showing what I'd done to my friends.

This is so true.  To be quite honest, this is why I was so fascinated
with Visual Basic when it first came out.  It was so easy to create a
GUI.  For all of its warts, VB was exciting to a kid (on Windows 3.1
anyway).  Luckily I had friends who thought my improved version of the
copy command written in C was cool too :-).

-Bryan