MY JOB WENT TO INDIA

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:13:04 MST 2007

On 2/12/07, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> Sure. But as the market becomes more and more saturated with Java
> programmers, how will they differentiate between one Java programmer and
> the next?  Seems to me those with multiple languages skills and will

If the market were saturated with Java developers then you wouldn't
see any Java jobs.  The actual condition of the market is quite the
opposite.  There is an enormous demand for Java developers without
enough Java developers to fill the demand.  Hence the mountain of
unfilled Java positions nationally.

True that a listed Java job may have multiple people apply and the
hiring manager would need to compare and decide between two
candidates, but I doubt that experience with other languages will
weigh as heavy as other factors.  Java is a big landscape.  It is more
likely that the person would prefer the candidate with the most
relevant Java experience compared to their environment.  A Java EE
developer would have a better chance getting hired to develop a large
web site versus a Swing developer, etc.

> stand out look better to employers.  Anyway, this is going in circles
> now, so I'll quit.

But we could make this circle rounder ;-).

-Bryan