[OT] - Are computers in education better now than 20 years ago?

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 12:22:14 MST 2007

On 2/12/07, Alex Esplin <alex.esplin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I think the main problem is that today's major operating system
> choices ... keep the user too far away from the guts

Exactly.  You can't just pop open an editor and write a program anyone
can use the same way they're used to using programs.  (By
double-clicking an icon.)  At least not without writing the code to
create all of the windows, control how they're handled, etc.  It's a
pain.

I should really look more into Squeak to see if it makes doing this easy or not.

Dan