CP80

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Feb 12 11:37:23 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:50 -0700, Brian Hawkins wrote:
> So just how are they going to enforce that?  Are they going to
> put together a group that searches the Internet looking for porn that is
> on 80.

I've got this crazy idea. Combine those two ideas. Create an independent
organization that pays willing participants (I bet you could sign up
college-aged males in droves) to look for uncategorized porn on the
Internet. Pay them a buck for every website or something, probably
require some sort of consensus or quorum. Then add it to a filter and
publish. That's pretty much what Phish Tank[1] is doing for phishing.
Heck, just like Phish Tank I bet you could find plenty of people to do
it for free.

Legislating technical solutions to a non-technical problem is not going
to work in the long term. Social problems require social solutions.

Corey

1. http://www.phishtank.com/