MY JOB WENT TO INDIA

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 09:36:07 MST 2007

On 2/8/07, Bryan Petty <etierra at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My Job Went to India: And All I Got Was This Lousy Book (Pragmatic Programmers)
> > # Paperback: 185 pages
> > # Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf; 1 edition (September 1, 2005)
> > # Language: English
> > # ISBN-10: 0976694018
> > # ISBN-13: 978-0976694014
>
> I've not read the book, but I get the feeling the title (which is not
> copied word for word on the cover oddly) makes an attempt to draw on
> the popularity of the book entitled "The Pragmatic Programmer" [1],
> which is basically required reading for professional programmers. I
> thought you were talking about that book at first until I followed the
> link.

To help alleviate some of this confusion, the book is published *by*
the Pragmatic Bookshelf, and that's why it has the "The Pragmatic
Programmers" logo on the top-left of the cover. That's why Amazon
lists it with "(Pragmatic Programmers)" in the title. It's not any
subversive attempt by Chad to coast on the Pragmatic Programmers good
name.

Jacob Fugal