RSYNC not deleting

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Fri Feb 9 12:27:08 MST 2007

I run a nightly script that rsync's my Mac to my Linux backup server.

I ran out of room on my backup server.  So I started to investigate.  I
found that the /backup folder on my backup server was almost twice
as big as the directory that I was backing up.  I looked at the files and
found stuff in the backup that I had deleted on the Mac a long time ago.

Apparently RSYNC is not deleting, or at least not deleting everything.

This command I am using:

rsync -az -e ssh --delete --exclude-from=ExcFile /Users/jonathan login@$192.168.0.1:/home/jonathan/backup

Can any rsync gurus out there tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jonathan