MY JOB WENT TO INDIA

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 11:00:55 MST 2007

On 2/8/07, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> My Job Went to India: And All I Got Was This Lousy Book (Pragmatic Programmers)
> # Paperback: 185 pages
> # Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf; 1 edition (September 1, 2005)
> # Language: English
> # ISBN-10: 0976694018
> # ISBN-13: 978-0976694014

I've not read the book, but I get the feeling the title (which is not
copied word for word on the cover oddly) makes an attempt to draw on
the popularity of the book entitled "The Pragmatic Programmer" [1],
which is basically required reading for professional programmers. I
thought you were talking about that book at first until I followed the
link.

[1] http://urlx.org/amazon.com/b2764

Looks to me like Chad Fowler (the author) is more of a professional
Ruby on Rails programmer [2]. Definitely not the same field of work I
do (C++ GUI Applications), but if you work in the same type of
environment, I don't doubt many of the concepts outlined in the book
apply to you.

[2] http://urlx.org/amazon.com/87b0f

Regards,
Bryan Petty