MY JOB WENT TO INDIA

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Feb 8 12:10:34 MST 2007

On Thu,  8 Feb 2007 at 08:50 -0500, Grant Shipley wrote:
> My Job Went to India: And All I Got Was This Lousy Book (Pragmatic
> Programmers)
> # Paperback: 185 pages
> # Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf; 1 edition (September 1, 2005)
> # Language: English
> # ISBN-10: 0976694018
> # ISBN-13: 978-0976694014
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28exzu (Link to Amazon.com -- work safe)
>
> Has anyone read this book?
>
> I am thinking about buying it and was wondering if anyone on the list
> has an opinion if its a good read or not.  I think the basics of the
> book is don't tie yourself to the most popular technology because that
> is what always gets outsourced.  In other words, don't be a programmer
> who only knows Java.

I have an opinion that it's a great book. But I haven't read it. I know
a bit about the author though, and have heard him and others talk about
it (in podcasts), and have heard rave reviews. I believe there is a high
probability that you will get your money's worth. Let us know how it
turns out!

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach