[OT] Handling multiple UDP clients through NAT

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:04:59 MST 2007

On 2/7/07, Topher Fischer <javert42 at cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> It also rubs me the wrong way when people say the TCP or UDP is built on
> top of IP.  Maybe I misunderstand the implementations of the two, but as
> I see it, TCP and UDP are normally "wrapped" in IP.  I guess it's just
> my anal nature that makes me get all fussy about people's phraseology.

Your term is more correct.  This is why Cisco calls them "frames"
instead of "packets".  Once your packet has moved down the stack to
layer 3 it is "framed" (or "wrapped") in the Internet Protocol.

And I'd just like to say that all of you guys are sooooo picky.  I
mean, why can't I follow 2 of the 3 steps in the scientific process
and get credit?

Step 1:  Observe a phenomenon
Step 2:  Form a hypothesis
Step 3:  Produce a test that proves your prediction accurate <== I
skipped this clearly unimportant part

Hey, it works for the man-is-to-blame-for-global-warming scientists.

1: The earth is warming (it has warmed 9/10ths of 1 degree in the last
100 years).
2: Theorize that the CO2 man produces (about 3% of the total amount in
the atmosphere) is to blame.
3: Demand concenus about your hypothesis without producing a test that
proves your theory.

I'm mearly following in the footsteps of intellectual giants.

It's a good thing this whole thread is marked OT ;-).

-Bryan