[OT] Handling multiple UDP clients through NAT

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:02:53 MST 2007

Ok fine, it's not fedex, it's the pony express :D
And the semi-realtime aspect as well as the ability to push MOST of
the work onto the client, is the reason for the design decisions.

The fact that the data arrives, arrives out of order, or arrives not
at all is irrelevant. The design copes with that by sending complete
present state information about itself, rather than informational
deltas( we send x=5 rather than (x+=2)).  And then we interpolate
between last packet and current packet, on the client.  We timestamp
all information and discard packets that arrive out of order by
looking at it's timestamp first, if it's older than the last packet,
it's just tossed anyways.

Hopefully that makes sense, I can't possibly be the first person to go
this route, but I'm not seeing anyone doing anything similar or who
has done anything similar, so that kind of worries me.

Regards,