[OT] Handling multiple UDP clients through NAT

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:10:12 MST 2007

Well I can try and explain it a little clearer.
Basically what happens in my design model is the client is responsible
for it's own collisions, interactions etc, until they effect an area
where the is more than a single player.

By that design, I can get away with sending a small ping packet once
every minute
or two, and then batch the world changes out in sporadic large datagrams.

This way we don't need a "connection" in the TCP sense, we only need a
route between client and host.

The concept is pretty simple really.  I'm looking at UDP not as a
telephone line (like TCP), but more like FedEx, we can send and
recieve packages of updates, but we do so sparingly.

Think of this like Chess by Mail :D

Regards,