[OT] Data Recovery from a CD?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Sun Feb 4 21:13:19 MST 2007

My brother-in-law asked me to help him with this problem.  He took a CF
card to a photo shop in DisneyLand and had them burn CDs for him.  Now
it appears a bunch of the photos are missing.

On disc 1, if I cp -r from the CD I get 234MB worth of data.  If I rip
the CD image with K3B, it shows 668MB used, and the .iso file is that
big.

I've tried cdfs and it only shows one session, and that has exactly the
same as what I get when I directly mount the CD.

I'm not sure what to try next.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts