Linux Hacker license plate?

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 06:00:12 MST 2007

On 2/2/07, Jesse Stay <jesse at thestays.org> wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> > H4X0R3 is available, if anyone would like to register it. You can create your own
> > license plate and see if it is already registered here:
> > https://secure.utah.gov/pps/
>
> I'm surprised they allow that and not "SHABANG" like I tried to
> register.  I was stuck with "USEPERL" instead.

Not to make any overly broad generalizations or insult anyone's
intelligent, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the "they" who
decides what is "ok" to put on a license plate didn't have a clue what
H4X0R meant, unless someone in the "they" group has watched their
children IM-ing a lot.

--
Alex Esplin