CUPS won't work, nor other printing to xp shared printer

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Fri Feb 2 23:58:40 MST 2007

Shane Hathaway [02/02/07 22:58 -0700]:

> Did you try to print after setting LogLevel?  I expect to see StartJob
> lines in the log.

Yes, I changed the LogLevel and then attempted to print, but I see nothing
in the error log about StartJob.

What I know is that I can NOT even start CUPS.I can't open that
interface...but I can open foomatic-gui, and it shows 1 printer....the laser
jet.... "sethlaser"..

I hit Test Page at the top menu...it says "Test page sent to sethlaser" at
the bottom, in foomatic-gui, and yet...nothing shows about printing in
either dmesg or in /var/log/cups/error_log.

Nothing about StartJob anything.

Scott