Router recommendations

Joe Crown joecr at
Fri Feb 2 18:47:31 MST 2007

The problem is on it going back.  Because the cheap router will see the
server sending out on port 80 & will assume that it should continue on
port 80 all the way to the other computer.  The only solutions are the
expensive routers or turn a computer into a router.  either way it costs
a bunch of money.

By the way both my Microsoft MN-500 & my Actiontec GT701-WG have the
option to change what port the inbound request is going to.  The only
problem is the program by default sends on the port it was changed to &
the other computer is most likely ignoring that port.

Matthew Walker wrote:
> On Fri, February 2, 2007 9:38 am, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Steve wrote:
>>> Every Linksys router I've ever owned including the $40 Walmart
>>> specials can do port forwarding out of the box.
>> Yes, me too.  Even my Qwest Actiontec modem can take a request on a
>> certain port (eg 80) and forward it on to ip xx.xx.xx.xx and then take a
>> request on another port (eg 443) and forward it on to ip yy.yy.yy.yy ad
>> naseum.  Perhaps we are still missing some information.
>> Jonathan
> You're missing the fact that he wants to do this:
> xx.xx.xx.xx:1001 -> yy.yy.yy.yy:80
> xx.xx.xx.xx:80 -> yy.yy.yy.yy:80

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec