persisting file ownership

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:27:32 MST 2007

I have changed the setgid and feel confident with that.  I appreciate
your help and I will work on gedit not using root as my group.  I am
not in that group.

[root at test phpApps]# grep daniel /etc/passwd
daniel:x:501:48:Daniel Taualii:/home/daniel:/bin/bash
[root at test phpApps]# grep 48 /etc/group
apache:x:48:apache,<snip>daniel
[root at test phpApps]# usermod -G "" daniel
[root at test phpApps]# grep daniel /etc/group

-Daniel