persisting file ownership

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:03:20 MST 2007

Jeff,

you said:
> A slightly more complicated approach that works with FTP is to set the
> ownership of all files in a certain directory, so that no matter who
> you login as, any files will be assigned that ownership.  I don't know
> if SFTP/scp have this capability.

This is what I want to do.  I can open files on a remote server
through gedit and it uses ssh/sftp.  I save the file and it saves it
on the remote server.  I don't manually scp or sftp the file to the
remote server.  Is there a setting on the client or server side that
needs to change?  I am willing to change config files for ssh if need
be.

-Daniel