Router recommendations

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Fri Feb 2 06:50:36 MST 2007

Well let me first warn the people here the two products I'm going to
mention are not likely to be very popular on this group simply because
of who made them.

The Microsoft MN-100 & MN-500 (I don't know about the MN-700 though as I
didn't support it.).  I also have an Actiontec router from Qwest (it is
a DSL modem & router so it might not work for you.).  I can have the
ports different, but I don't know if the responding computer is going to
work with it.  I'm guessing it would, but it is safer to say I don't
know.  One last note with either the MN-100 or MN-500 you want the
firmware version to be either 1.08.003 or 1.11.017.  This is because the
versions before 1.08.003 had a ton of problems, the 1.09.* versions were
betas with their own set of problems, & version 1.11.017 was the last
version they ever released back in October of 2003 not to long before
they announced they were going to drop the entire line other then the
MN-740 which is the Xbox wireless adapter.

--

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.
http://www.eff.org/corrupt

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec