Router recommendations

Andrew Hunter andrewm_hunter at froghunters.com
Thu Feb 1 22:41:40 MST 2007

Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> Port forwarding.  I use it on my DSL modem which forwards to my
> router/firewall.
>
> I have used Netgear and had good success with them.  I just recently
> got an FVS114 that I like:
>
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/VPNandSSL/WiredVPNFirewallRouters/FVS114.aspx
>

> Although I hear Linksys makes some really good products.
>
> Jonathan
I note that this has port triggering.  This is what they call private
port forwarding?  My current router has port forwarding, but only
public.  Despite D-Link's website's claims, the router I just got
doesn't have private port forwarding.  That is very irritating... I
bought it specifically for that feature.  Anyway, enough venting, and
thanks for the recommendation.

Andrew