Router recommendations

Andrew Hunter andrewm_hunter at froghunters.com
Thu Feb 1 22:08:37 MST 2007

Hi to all.  I'm setting up a couple of servers here at home and would
find it very useful to find an appropriate router.  I'm having some
trouble filtering through different names given to different features,
though.  I'm looking for the ability to route an incoming request on a
particular port to a specific port on a destination address inside the
network.  Anyway, the names I see for this are private port forwarding
(the one that seems most correct to me), port triggering, application
triggering, and a couple others I don't recall.  Naturally, I might have
mistook one of those names.  Anyway, does anyone have any
recommendations for routers that can do what I describe?  I'm looking in
the home-consumer level price range.  Wireless is not needed.  Many thanks.

Andrew