vmware fusion [was: 2 Distro Recommendations?]

Scott Paul Robertson spr at mahonri5.net
Thu Feb 1 15:53:16 MST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:48:48PM -0700, Alex Esplin wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Scott Paul Robertson <spr at mahonri5.net> wrote:
> >Is drag-and-drop part of the tools?
> >
> >Also, have you been able to get your vm talking to your mac and
> >vice-versa? I can get it so the vm can get to the mac, but not
> >vice-versa
>
> I would assume it is part of the tools, since it didn't work before I
> installed them.  What kind of 'talking' are you trying to do?  Drag
> and drop works both ways for me, but I haven't tried much else, since
> other projects have preempted it at work and I haven't gotten around
> to installing Fusion on my MacBook yet.

IE: When I have it in NAT'd network mode:
    - On the vm: ssh hostmachine works
    - On the hostmachine: ssh vm doesn't work

When I have it in bridged networking neither direction works.

It should be noted that network traffic to any other machine works fine
in both configurations.

--
Scott Paul Robertson
http://spr.mahonri5.net