Apache Auth

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sun Dec 30 18:16:34 MST 2007

Not long ago, Jeff Anderson proclaimed...
> I am not going to bore you with 'why' but this is what I want to do:
> Authenticate a user behind the apache authentication from the server-side.
> Basically I want to get rid of the box if I have a password area on apache.

What you want is an Apache handler that handles the authentication
or at least participates in that portion of the Apache request cycle. The
O'Reilly book "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C" does a good job of
documenting this, even if it is a bit old. mod_perl is probably the most
mature way of doing this, but I know there are others, like mod_python,
that can do much of the same types of stuff.

-=Fozz
--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside."