Apache Auth

Erik R. Jensen erikrj at netradius.com
Sun Dec 30 13:17:47 MST 2007

Jeff Anderson wrote:
> If I can make any app log in to this common authentication system
> through its own interface, it will be completely transparent to the user.

Sounds to me like you are really looking for a single sign-on solution

You may want to look at

I think these would be a better solution than trying to reinvent the
wheel. I have been working with CAS and like it so far. It has clients
for Apache, Java, .NET, Perl, PHP etc. and you can always write your own
since it is open. It will authenticate against a number of sources and
you can also create your own custom authentication source. There are
always closed solutions too. I know Oracle, Sun, IBM and Novell all have
single sign-on solutions if you want to pay for one.

Erik R. Jensen