Apache Auth

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:15:48 MST 2007

You are going to need to use PHP or PERL and create a login box, tie
it into a backend DB such as MySQL or PostGRES or even just a flat
file.
A ton of examples can be found here...
http://www.hotscripts.com/search?q=authentication&cat=All

The easiest way is probably a simple PHP script that checks for the
presence of an authentication cookie, and if not present then it will
direct the user to a login box for the pages being viewed.
Something along the lines of

<?php
$auth  = $_COOKIE['auth'];
if(!$auth){
    die("You must login to view this page!");
}else{
   ShowPage();
}
?>