I got/gave Linux for Xmas?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 16:29:19 MST 2007

It would need a DVD drive first.
However you could rip the DVD to something else and then store it on a
thumbdrive / SD or NAS and play it from there.
I've been ripping all of my movies to my NAS and it's been working
great.  I tried a eeePC for a few days before Christmas to see if I
really wanted one and it played movies from the NAS really, really
well.

Sincerely,
Steve

p.s. Decided to take the eeePC back after I realized I really couldn't
type well on it after 3 days of trying.  But if someone had smaller
hands it would be a fantastic gift.