I got/gave Linux for Xmas?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:39:43 MST 2007

> Which brings me to question about Linux in general, why is the 2.4
> Kernel so widely used for embedded devices?
> Anyways time to spill the beans, did you get or give Linux for Christmas?
>
> Sincerely,
> Steve

Someone with authority on the topic might give a better response, but
I've been researching a lot of embedded systems and when this
discussion comes up it seems that 2.6 is too much of a moving target,
most of the changes in 2.6 aren't necessary for an embedded device,
and the most common seems to be difficulty to change.  They moved from
2.2 to 2.4 while the device was still in it's infancy, moving to 2.6
would change the entire development environment and thus require devs
and users to become accustomed to new interfaces, etc.

-Chad