Beep?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:17:40 MST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a bash script that I need to run about once each week, it takes
about 2-3 hours to complete.
At the end of the script I would like it to notify me that it is
complete, maybe using a series of loud obnoxious beeps.
I seem to remember a "bell" character being in the ASCII standard, but
I'm not sure this is the best choice.
Anyone with some bash-fu skills have advice on how I can pull this
off?  It's either that or sit staring at the terminal as ..... fills
the screen.
Personally I'ld rather surf the web and be properly annoyed when the
script completes.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Steve