Article for thought

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Wed Dec 19 20:50:16 MST 2007

Nathan wrote:

 > Without futher ado:
 > http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2007/12/codes-worst-enemy.html

Wow. That was a fun read, on par, dare I say, with Joel Spolsky before
he went into complete business mode. Some of the jabs against Java
programmers were a little below the belt, but nonetheless an excellent
article.

Here's the real killer. Trolltech is way ahead of this guy. They chose
EcmaScript years ago for QSA, and now they have taken it even farther
with QtScript.

At my company, we're using QSA (EcmaScript) extensively for run-time
macro execution and it's great. The guy who architected our QSA stuff is
a long-time Scheme lover, and his QSA code reflects it. It looks
fantastic. It has very little boiler plate, and really lets you get down
to the business of expressing the algorithm you want to accomplish
without a lot of sit-ups. I'm a fan.

--Dave

P.S. Yes, we're still hiring. :)