Happy Birthday Perl!

Paul Seamons paul at seamons.com
Wed Dec 19 09:59:26 MST 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On 12/19/07, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
> > Not only did it solve a need at my previous job, the experience helped
> > get me my next job as well.  Yay for perl!  May perl 6 soon bring
> > sanity to the poor benighted language. ;)
> I followed the first few apocolypses / exegesises.  Sanity wasn't the
> first thing that came to mind.

When you have a couple of hours, the recent specifications are very
interesting reading.  Larry Wall has gone to great lengths to remove edge
cases and one-off cases.

If you have 20 minutes, then reading the latest State of the Onion address is
indirectly informative about Perl 6.

Even with all of the design fixes in Perl 6 there will still be a large crowd
that will mock Perl.  But I'll have even less reason to care than I have now.