Contract Job - Python dJango

Joshua Simpson std3rr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:40:45 MST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 4:10 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at utahpython.org> wrote:

> On 12/18/07, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> > I talked to Tom and it looks like he wasn't able to get any traction on
> > this job posting.  Are there no Python/Django developers looking for
> > work?  Is this a matter of a tight job market, an unpopular framework or
> > a bad job posting?

I perform Django consultation, but 1) I don't live in Salt Lake anymore, and
2) I've been extremely busy at my full-time job.

I'd like to forward a different theory:  Python programmers seem, generally,
to be an experienced bunch.  This means that they're probably already
employed, whether full-time, or too many contracts in the queue.  I take
applications for C#, Python, and PHP programmers, and I wouldn't hesistate
to say that nearly 90% of the resumes I get for the Python focused jobs are
profoundly more qualified than the PHP resumes, and to a lesser extent,
C#.   If you post a PHP job, you'll often get a beginner developer, who,
with the deceptive ease it takes to learn PHP, believes they're qualified
for an entry-level web development job, and an experienced programmer.

That's my experience.  Just sayin'.

dw
--
-