Contract Job - Python dJango

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Tue Dec 18 17:10:34 MST 2007

On 12/18/07, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> I talked to Tom and it looks like he wasn't able to get any traction on
> this job posting.  Are there no Python/Django developers looking for
> work?  Is this a matter of a tight job market, an unpopular framework or
> a bad job posting?

I'll just say that to a first approximation all the good developers
have jobs already.  In any language.  You see this trying to hire
Rails devs too.  And when you're using a newer framework you
automatically have a smaller pool to draw from.

I know at least one person who does django (and PHP) contract work
reads this list, so maybe 40h to 60h of work isn't worth the trouble
of putting a bid together.  (Or maybe he's on vaction; I haven't
asked. :)

I would suggest to Tom that widening the net to "web developers
willing to learn django" might work better.  (IIRC, of the 5 people
who worked on the Rails code at Mozy while I was there, only 2 had
actual Rails experience before we hired them.)

-Jonathan