Contract Job - Python dJango

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue Dec 18 16:41:01 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 09:14 -0700, Tom Hanks wrote:
> Anyone know python / django? or know someone who does?

I talked to Tom and it looks like he wasn't able to get any traction on
this job posting.  Are there no Python/Django developers looking for
work?  Is this a matter of a tight job market, an unpopular framework or
a bad job posting?

I guess I only know of 5 or so local people who use Django, I'm sure
there are others who lurk.  Not being able to easily find developers
seems like the biggest reason NOT to use Django (or any less common
framework) and to a lesser extent, Python.  It's a shame.  Personally,
I'll continue using them for projects because I dig them and I know I'll
be around as long as I'm around :)

I'll bet if this were PHP, he would have found someone in the first day
or two (and I'm no PHP fan).  Oh well.

Gabe