Never a Doh! moment.

Jeff Anderson jefferya at programmerq.net
Mon Dec 17 14:25:14 MST 2007

I did something similar to an external hard drive. I used the wrong
letter and wiped out the first meg of the partition (wrote zeros to
it... glad I used the count= option in dd)
I found that the program getDataBack worked well for me. I used the FAT
version, but they have an NTFS version as well. It costs $40 or $50, but
it got all my files back. I played with it on other volumes and I was
able to recover deleted files, and it seemed to be fairly versatile.

Jeff Anderson