Swine before PERL (was Re: Cast not your Perl before swine?)

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Dec 17 13:34:35 MST 2007

"Jesse Stay" <jesse at thestays.org> writes:

> All this talk of C, D, Java, J2EE, Python, Ruby - can we take Perl out of
> the subject?  I'd hate to take the name of Perl in vain. ;-)

Well, here's a subject change for you.  Provided for your amusement
and education is a presentation given by Shriram Krishnamurthi at the
Lightweight Languages conference several years ago called 'The Swine
Before PERL'.  It's very entertaining, though it doesn't say much
about perl, really.  For the best experience, I recommend listeneing
to the audio and following along in the slides.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Talks/SwineBeforePerl/

                --Levi