Cast not your Perl before swine?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:51:56 MST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:06 AM, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
> Well, how about the one I just wrote at work?  I do most of my
> embedded software work in plain C, though I sometimes do wish for
> parts of C++.  But yeah, I am in general against the use of C for new
> development, unless circumstances really demand it.
>
>                 --Levi

Levi,

How realistic is it to use D for embedded development?  I guess both
C++ and D require you to lug a runtime along with you (unless you
compile statically).  Is that a big deal with your specific
application to avoid that kind of overhead?  Even in the embedded
world, it seems that memory and CPU power are easier and easier to
come by.

-Bryan