SuSE updates not sticking?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:48:06 MST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm updating an OpenSuSE 10.2 box, and have noticed a problem.
I am using yast2 from the command line to manually perform system
updates using the ncurses interface via SSH.
A couple of weeks ago I applied something on the order of 20 patches.

Now here I am updating again and the exact same updates are there
waiting for install.
It's like they aren't sticking for some reason.

The patches included a kernel patch, so I just updated the kernel and
did a reboot.
Checking again, and all the same patches including the kernel update
are available and waiting for an install.

I'm not seeing anything in the ncurses interface to show that these
updates are failing.

Is anyone aware of a command line I can use to check and see what the
heck is going on here?
Also is there something else I should look for like maybe a
permissions issue somewhere?

Sincerely,
Steve