Cast not your Perl before swine?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:16:59 MST 2007

Excellent glad to hear that I'm wrong about Perl.

The reason for categorizing each language as I did is not to stir up
any sort of controversy.
Put quite simply, each language in the archae list is there because at
one time or another I learned it due to the fact that a large number
of employers seemed to be looking for it or because it was "the hot
new thing!" (Except RPG which I learned as a kid thinking it was meant
for writing D&D style games)

Since having learned said languages, I hadn't seen much call for them
so i haven't bothered to keep my skills as sharp as I feel I could
have.  Because I haven't seen much call for it, it was moved to the
archae list and have since sat and gathered a bit of dust.

I'm starting to think maybe I SHOULD spend some time brushing up on
Perl, looks like it may still be heavily used, and maybe I'm just
looking in the wrong places.  Python though does seem to be taking
over the spaces where I used to see a lot of Perl scripts.

Sincerely,
Steve