[Fwd: [Website Feedback] Sr. Linux Developer (Kernel and Driver)]

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Dec 13 18:08:43 MST 2007

Job listing.

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: [Website Feedback] Sr. Linux Developer (Kernel and Driver)
From:    matthew at kaizenstaffing.com

Matthew haver sent a message using the contact form at
http://plug.org/contact.

The company I’m working with is looking for a direct hire Senior
low
level Linux developer (description below).  If you are interested please
email me a word formatted version of your resume.  If you know someone
else who is interested please put me in touch with them; if you refer
someone and they get placed we can offer a $500 finder fee.

Thanks,

Matthew Haver
Technical Staffing Manager
Kaizen Staffing - “Continuous Improvement�
858-866-2632 - Direct Line
800-691-3075 x2632 - Toll Free
775-330-2359 - Fax
matthew at kaizenstaffing.com
www.kaizenstaffing.com
www.payrolling.com
www.linkedin.com/in/matthewhaveratkaizenstaffing

Linux Software Engineer

The company is a worldwide leader in providing easy-to-use, high value
storage and security solutions to help people protect, secure, capture and
share their valuable digital information. They are experiencing growth and
are in need of a Linux Software Engineer.

Duties:

• Develop/debug software tools and build environments for Linux embedded
NAS devices
• Create and maintain entire kernel, file system, network connectivity
and web GUI for Linux base NAS devices
• Create Linux utilities and applications to help create company NAS
product differentiation and robustness
• Provide direction and input regarding market trends and feature
definition of future NAS products
• Provide technical assistance to customer support, when required

Qualifications:

• Development experience with the SCSI, ATAPI, USB standards
• Working knowledge of Ethernet topologies, protocols, domains, network
security/authentication (including ADS) and debug tools (sniffers)
• Knowledge of the /proc file system and sysctl facilities
• Experience working with the kernel development community.
• Working knowledge of Linux development tools such as gcc, GNU make,
bash shell, etc.
• Working knowledge of HTML, SAMBA, Kerberos and XFS/EXT3 file systems
• Familiarity with Gnome or GTK and KDE or Qt API’s
desirable
• BS degree with at least 5 years of software development experience
with Linux

Location: Near Ogden

Benefits/Perks:

•	Medical, Dental, and Vision
•	Generous vacation/sick leave
•	Matched 401k
•	Corporate Bonus Plan
•	Stock options
•	Life and AD&D insurance at discounted rates