QA automation / scripting job opening at Quest Software in Lindon

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Thu Dec 13 12:21:49 MST 2007

Steven Alligood wrote:
> Great article.
>
> In typical human fashion, I will take from it what I wish to hear and
> ignore the rest.
>
> Basically, I should only bottom post if I trim, but if I wish to include
> the entire email as quoted text, I should top post (no discussion here
> as to the netiquette of trimming versus not trimming).
>
> Further, it is only a violation of netiquette to top post if the
> majority of the people on the forum or mailing list bottom post.  If the
> numbers are close, it is perfectly fine to post either way.
>
> Do we need a survey to determine which style of posting is a violation
> of netiquette on PLUG?
>
> This is all a little tongue-in-cheek for me, but I am actually curious
> as to my manners and if I am really violating some unwritten law or
> not.  I doubt the outcome would change how I post, but it would
> definitely change how I view what I am doing.
>
> "Hi, my name is Steve, and I have been a top poster for 12 years, nine
> months and six days"
>
> versus
>
> "HI, I am a Great Person who tops posts, eats his vegetables, and helps
> everyone toward World Peace"
>
> I have a feeling it is more of the former than the latter.
>
> -Steve

I don't care personally. I adapt to in-line, bottom feeding and skimming
(top-posting). Whatever the situation calls fer.  But the bottom feeders
are the ones that complain the loudest - I was one such individual years
ago, but I've changed with the times and joined the dark side.

But I still don't call Perl Pearl, but I will type it as an acro - PERL
- from time to time ... likewise for php.