QA automation / scripting job opening at Quest Software in Lindon

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Thu Dec 13 11:55:06 MST 2007

Great article.

In typical human fashion, I will take from it what I wish to hear and
ignore the rest.

Basically, I should only bottom post if I trim, but if I wish to include
the entire email as quoted text, I should top post (no discussion here
as to the netiquette of trimming versus not trimming).

Further, it is only a violation of netiquette to top post if the
majority of the people on the forum or mailing list bottom post.  If the
numbers are close, it is perfectly fine to post either way.

Do we need a survey to determine which style of posting is a violation
of netiquette on PLUG?

This is all a little tongue-in-cheek for me, but I am actually curious
as to my manners and if I am really violating some unwritten law or
not.  I doubt the outcome would change how I post, but it would
definitely change how I view what I am doing.

"Hi, my name is Steve, and I have been a top poster for 12 years, nine
months and six days"

versus

"HI, I am a Great Person who tops posts, eats his vegetables, and helps
everyone toward World Peace"

I have a feeling it is more of the former than the latter.

-Steve