Running DNS locally?

Scott Barlow scott.barlow at
Tue Dec 11 10:36:30 MST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 9:45 AM, Steve <smorrey at> wrote:

> > I have all of my domains with everydns, never had a problem with txt
> > records, but you do have to donate for that feature.
I met a company a few months ago that does DNS software for servers -

Interesting concept, as their software runs on Intel Itanium. Since the proc
has certain hooks in it, there are many benefits of designing a secure
software architecture using this platform. Immune to rootkits, malware, and
DoS attacks (apparently).

Anyway - a little off from everydns and much more expensive, but a great use
of a technology we almost never hear of anymore.