[opendns.com] Was Running DNS Locally

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Dec 11 09:24:13 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 09:16 -0700, Steve wrote:
> A few people have mentioned opendns.com as a solution.
> What would be the advantages and disadvantages of going with opendns?

My gripe with OpenDNS is they return a response for non-existent
domains. I like the fact that they block known phishing and malware
domains, but I just can't get past that wildcard. It's the same thing
that Verisign was doing with their Site Finder service, except in this
case OpenDNS's services are completely opt-in. And so I opt not.

Corey