[opendns.com] Was Running DNS Locally

Jared Ottley jottley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:22:56 MST 2007

It is optional and is category based:

Block lingerie/bikini sites
Sites displaying or dedicated to lingerie/bikini that could be
considered adult-only.

Block nudity sites
Sites that provide images or representations of nudity.

Block pornography sites
Anything relating to pornography, including mild depiction, soft
pornography or hard-core pornography.

Block sexuality sites
Sites that provide information, images or implications of bondage,
sadism, masochism, fetish, beating, body piercing or self-mutilation.

Block tasteless sites
Sites that contain information on such subjects as mutilation,
torture, horror, or the grotesque.

Block adult-themed sites
Sites that are adult in nature and are not defined in other rating
categories. Note: This category should only be turned on if you want
to be very restrictive on your network.

Block proxy/anonymizer sites
Sites providing proxy bypass information or services. Also, sites
that allow the user to surf the net anonymously, including sites that
allow the user to send anonymous emails.

But it also allow you to whitelist sites, block specific domains and
it tries to filter phishing sites as well.  It also offers custom
shortcutting for domain names (news --> ksl.com) and typo corrections.

Jared