[opendns.com] Was Running DNS Locally

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:16:00 MST 2007

A few people have mentioned opendns.com as a solution.
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of going with opendns?
It looks like they have "adult content blocking" who makes the
decision as to what is "adult" content?  Is the adult content
filtering mandatory?  Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating surfing
for porn from my network, but I've admined networks that used filters
like netnanny in the past and have been less than pleased at how
accurate what they term "adult" actually is.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Steve