Running DNS locally?

Jared Ottley jottley at
Tue Dec 11 09:08:03 MST 2007

Instead of running DNS local, I have opted to use  I
like the management capabilities, especially with computer savvy kids
in the house.

For my own DNS records, mostly external facing, I am using  It is first free, second very easy to use, but
with enough power to allow me some of the more "advanced" record
handling that I want.