Best Distro for an old machine

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Dec 6 08:49:41 MST 2007

As has been stated, it's not what distro but what you run. Ubuntu starts
you off with more than you want, but you can turn it off. Or, you can
start with something minimalistic and turn on only what you want. Debian
for example. I don't think it's necessary to go with a distro aimed at
embedded environments or anything so drastic - we used to survive just
fine with normal distros (debian, redhat, etc.) on boxes of that speed.
We just didn't have the desktop environments we have now.