Getting ISC DHCP to respond with pxe information, but not with lease

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Dec 3 11:33:26 MST 2007

Does anyone know of any way to configure ISC dhcpd to respond to dhcp
requests with pxe information only, and not the lease?  Apparently the
RFCs allow for one server to respond with the lease information, and
another server entirely to respond with pxe information.  In the case
here, another server is already happily serving up dhcp leases.  We just
need to have this server respond with pxe informations.  I know this
works because this is the technique altirus uses for their imaging products.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Michael

--
Michael Torrie
Assistant CSR, System Administrator