Laptop suspend works?

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Dec 3 09:21:01 MST 2007

Steve wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Dr. Nick!

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/difference-between-noapic-and-acpioff-kernel-parameters-454675/

> Just add the following lines to the kernel
> options in the boot loader "noapic irqpoll".

This does indeed make sense since the problem you had booting linux
before, and the problem with seeing the wireless card, was probably due
to an interrupt problem, which is what both of these keywords address.
The original problem likely had nothing to do with acpi at all.

> I hope this was enlightening!

It was indeed.  Typically the problem with these cheap laptops is that
getting Linux to effectively run on them is a bear.  I hadn't ever
thought about the other kernel options, like noapic.

--
Michael Torrie
Assistant CSR, System Administrator